Santos Mahogany Hardwood Flooring
Santos Mahogany is considered a special type of hardwood flooring due to its unique combination of durability, beauty, and rarity. This wood is known for its tight and uniform grain patterns, rich reddish-brown color, and hardness. It is one of the strongest and most durable hardwoods available, making it a popular choice for flooring and other high-traffic areas. Additionally, Santos Mahogany is a relatively rare species of hardwood, making it a sought-after and premium choice for flooring in homes and commercial spaces.
What is the difference between Santos Mahogany and Mahogany?
The difference between Santos Mahogany and Mahogany is that Santos Mahogany is a type of mahogany found in tropical South America and Central America that is known for its deep, reddish-brown color. Mahogany, on the other hand, can refer to any of a group of tropical hardwood tree species in the Swietenia genus, which is found in much of the Caribbean and parts of Central and South America.
Is Santos Mahogany a good hardwood flooring choice for the San Francisco Bay Area?
Santos mahogany is an excellent choice of hardwood flooring in the San Francisco Bay Area, as it is a durable and attractive wood that has unique and varied grain patterns. Additionally, its reddish-brown hue will help to enhance the beauty of any room. Santos mahogany is also known to be resistant to fungi and moisture, making it a great choice for humid climates.
How to choose Santos Mahogany hardwood flooring for your home
When shopping for Santos Mahogany hardwood floors, consider the following factors:
- Quality: Look for Santos Mahogany that is well-milled, free of knots and cracks, and with consistent color and grain patterns.
- Finish: Consider the type of finish, such as oil-based or water-based, that best suits your needs.
- Durability: Santos Mahogany is a durable species but it's important to make sure that the flooring has a good warranty.
- Environmental impact: Look for flooring that is sustainably harvested and/or certified by organizations such as the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Price: Compare elsewhere but it's hard to beat Whole Wood when it comes to price and selection! Even Santos Mahogany!
- Maintenance: Santos Mahogany is a relatively low-maintenance flooring option, but be sure to choose a finish that will make upkeep as easy as possible.